Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Juicy, Tender and Medium Rare- What More Could You Wish for in a Steak?

ribeye steak seasoned to perfection and grilled medium rare

This steak was actually the first steak I've ever grilled! It looks pretty good, doesn't it? And it even tasted as good as it looks - on second thought, possibly even better. It was so tender and juicy and flavorful that I didn't even need to touch that A1 sauce (and for those who know me, that's impressive)!

Lards and I actually didn't make this dish together- I grilled it with my boyfren for a romantic dinner date out by the pool but I'm totally down to remake this dish with Lards since it was such a success :) But to be honest, my boyfren and I had no idea how to season a steak properly so we improvised. We pounded the steak (because that's what the experts always do on the Food Network) and haphazardly salted, peppered, garlic-salted, cayenne-peppered our steaks to our hearts content and let it sit for about an hour. Then we grilled it for about 8 minutes total and the steak was miraculously cooked medium rare- just the way we like it!

I wish I wrote down how much of each ingredient I used but honestly, I had no idea what I was doing! But here's a general list of ingredients I used- just use common sense to figure out amounts:
Salt
Pepper
Garlic Salt
Cayenne Pepper (not too much!!)
McCormick's Steak Seasoning
Love (the more the better)

Happy grilling :)
Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment